mardi 8 décembre 2015

Quick, Easy & Cheap, Slimming World Egg & Bacon Sandwich Filling -

quick & easy egg and bacon sandwich filling advert
Preparing food well in advance not only saves me tons of time but also stop me thinking things such as “what can I eat” “what should I have for lunch/dinner” etc etc. Without these questions not does it stop me opting for the quick and easy junk food options, but it also saves me from failing, failing my over all goal which is to eat healthy.


Today I’m going to show you how I bulk prep egg & bacon sandwich filling, part of my guide to slimming world sandwiches. Not only is it quick, easy, unbelievably cheap, it’s also very low in syns.

Here we go!

Ingredients

  • 10 Eggs
  • 2 Packs of Cheap Bacon (smoked/unsmoked)
  • 7 Heaped Tbsp Light Mayo
  • Salt & Pepper to Season

Place all the eggs into a pan of water and bring to the boil, approximately 10 – 15 minutes.
While the eggs are on the boil trim all visible fat off the bacon, this part that takes the longest, but once it’s done we’re home dry!

Once you’ve removed all the fat, fry the bacon in a pan with a few squirts of frylight to prevent it sticking.




Did you see how much fat I cut off the bacon…393 grams!
Drain off any excess fat that comes out of the bacon, we don’t want this!




Put the bacon to one side and allow to cool. While your waiting for the bacon, remove the eggs from the heat, drain and run under cold water. When the bacon’s cooled, shred it to any size that you desire. Now your eggs are cold, shell and grate them using a cheese grater.

Mix the eggs and bacon together in a large bowl with 7 heaped tablespoons of light mayonnaise (less if preferred) and mix throughly, season to taste.
2 syn sandwich filling
That’s it! All done :-)

Tweaking the recipe, something different every day

Once I had the base for my weeks sandwiches it was just a case of tweaking each one day any way I felt. The mixture is fine in the fridge for the week and saves me so much time; I don’t have to cook anything, there’s no real preparation need once it’s made; it’s simply the case of adding the filling and some salad to bread, and that’s it. The best part of all, no more boring sandwiches like the flat wafer thin ham sandwiches I used to live on; could it get any worse?
Here are the variations I had for the week using this one filling.
Monday – Filling on its own
Tuesday – Filling with finely diced red onion & sweetcorn
Wednesday – Filling with lettuce & Red onion
Thursday – Filling with watercress & Red onion
Friday – Filling with lettuce, cucumber, tomato and red onion



As you can see I had something different every day of the week while using the same filling. I’ve got to say these big bulky fillings beat the dull and boring ham sandwiches I used to have; not only do they taste 10x better but they are also 10x more filling.
You’ve probably noticed that I’m not the biggest lover of tomato/cucumber and my salad selection is limited. This is only me, you can pack your sandwich with whatever you want, your imagination is the limit.
Credit : http://www.fatboysdiet.com

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire