mercredi 5 août 2015

Hoisin chicken noodles




Credit : http://vicki-kitchen.blogspot.com/

I know I know yet another chicken dish but this one is really tasty and quick. I love Chinese food but of course its usually high in syns this dish works out at just 1 syn per portion. 


You need to buy hoisin sauce for this recipe not the jarred or sachet stir fry sauces but the real hoisin sauce the reason for this is it is only 1 syn per tablespoon and really concentrated and full of flavour. I bought mine at the Chinese supermarket I visit but some supermarkets sell it too I know Sainsburys and Waitrose definitely sell it .

I used fine dried egg noodles but you can use medium if you prefer just don't use fresh or those 'straight to wok' noodles as they have syns.Also as usual I used chicken thighs as I prefer them but you can use chicken breast if you'd rather.

I tend to pop all the marinade ingredients with the meat into a plastic food bag or  bowl with clingfilm over the top in the morning before I make it before I go to work but you can do it the night before too as long as you leave it in the fridge.




Hoisin Chicken Noodles


  • 8 chicken thigh fillets (all fat and skin removed chopped into bite sized pieces)
  • 2 garlic cloves (chopped or use frozen)
  • 2 tsp grated fresh ginger (or I use frozen) 
  • 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
  • 1 pack fresh stir fry vegetables 
  • 4 sheets of fine dried egg noodles 
  • 4 tablespoons soy sauce 
  • low cal spray oil



In a bowl or in a plastic food bag place the chicken, garlic, ginger and  hoisin sauce, mix well and leave to marinate either overnight or in the morning before you cook it in the evening.

When ready to cook, Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the pack and then drain well and rinse in cold water and set aside.

Spray a wok with spray oil and cook the marinaded chicken including the marinade for about five minutes until the chicken is browned.

Add the vegetables and cook for another few minutes then add the noodles and mix well cook for a few more minutes until everything is cooked through and hot then add soy sauce and mix well again add more soy sauce if needed.

Serves 4,  1 syn per portion
Like us on Facebook






Share this recipe

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire